Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::   ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Historical Miniatures Wargaming Ring - A ring devoted exclusively to historical miniature wargaming and allied materials.

Login   Signup

Historical Miniatures Wargaming Ring

Manager: hmw1863
A ring devoted exclusively to historical miniature wargaming and allied materials.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

First, peep a couple of my Greek leader stands. On the right , the Golden Fleece%2 - 06/30/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uGsiagvTLVw/Uc4pxgAhi-I/AAAAAAAAA_E/XsA9B9o-Xc4/s320/IMG_0804.JPG

First, peep a couple of my Greek leader stands. On the right , the Golden Fleece. On the left, the Hippocampus. (Turns out, that's Greek for seahorse, or, to them "coiled horse". I didn't know that term during the battle, and I regrettably referred to this leader as "Captain Seahorse"). These are customized standards, the seahorse bought as a little charm or bead, the Fleece just some gold painted scrubbing pad and the ram's head off a Wargods of Aegyptus figure, all mounted on some assorted metal battle flags from Reaper, I think. I love em. Gonna try to do one more with a Medusa head earring.  Now, to the battle. The year is 500 B.C. The Greeks have spread their brand of civilization across the Mediterranean. To the far-flung west, the Hellenes have built a colony on the southern coast of what will one day be called France. In the hills lurk the Celts -- unwashed, illiterate, and mistrustful of civilization. They look upon the fledgling city and they do not like what they see. Let's see if they can wreck it. Here's the table we played on, my 3 coffee tables pulled together, actually. Covered in white felt and with snowy outcroppings crafted by Chris W, it gave us a snowy double mountain pass. Does it snow on the French Riviera? Well, it was a little ice age.  I joked that if the Celts could read, they'd know not to face Greeks in a mountain pass. Unfortunately Mike's chieftains were better than my strategoi at getting off those first few  commands and he got...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2019 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy