Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::   ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Historical Miniatures Wargaming Ring - A ring devoted exclusively to historical miniature wargaming and allied materials.

Login   Signup

Historical Miniatures Wargaming Ring

Manager: hmw1863
A ring devoted exclusively to historical miniature wargaming and allied materials.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Making mud huts with dryer lint - 03/15/2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Se9QgXwW80o/UUOCpbeAjgI/AAAAAAAAA1w/7i4zWGDyGgs/s320/IMG_0616.JPG

Are you prepared to follow me into crafting madness? Be certain, for in this blog post I will detail a formula so strange that it will violate everything you hold sacred and leave you gaping at the heartless black void with no illusions of God or logic to comfort you. Well, it might not be that difficult to grasp, but it's certainly outside the proverbial box. So, dryer lint, right? I have always wanted to find an industrial use for dryer lint. It's cotton -- a valuable commodity. It built the South! And now we're throwing it away? No, sir. Not in my domain.  Figure 1 is a clump of dryer lint sitting in a plastic bowl.  Figure 2 is a blurry picture of me pouring a glue-water solution into the bowl of lint.  This is dryer lint -- not just cotton fluff, but also human and cat hair -- sitting in a pool of glue and water. Hey, anybody hungry?  Glob by glob, I picked the waterlogged lint out of the solution and stuck it all over this half a box, a box that cough medicine came in. Just squish it on there. There's no need to make it even because what you're going for is a wattle-and-daub look.  Here are two huts-in-progress, lint smooshed into place. I left space for doors.  Primed white, doorways painted black, roof made of gluing sticks side by side.  Doors by same method. Miniatures for scale. Don't think you're taking down a Greek with slingstones, kids. Is anything ever done? I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing here. I initially wanted to gi...

Making mud huts with dryer lint

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2019 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy